Friday, November 17, 2006
Diarrhoea after returning from Genting
Just a quick note to all who may be going to Genting Highlands.
This past few days, I have had patients returning from Genting Highlands with bad Gastroenteritis (Diarrhoea)
For those heading up, you should:
1. Ensure you drink only bottled water
2. Wash your hands frequently
3. Be careful about the food you eat
4. If you have diarrhoea, and can't get hold of rehydration salts. Mix 2 teaspoons of glucose into one glass of water. Or take any soft drink (eg Aloe Vera, Apple juice) and mix 1 part to 4 part of bottled water. Make sure you rehydrate.
5. If really serious, visit the local Klinik there!
Have a safe trip!
Labels: Disease Outbreak Alerts
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment